- With Ski Patrol for backcountry forecast. (www.avalanche.net.nz)
- the weather, old & new
- the snow layers, weak? Wind loaded?
- the terrain- 37° ? dangerous cornices? Gullies?, cliffs?
- Tell others your plans and expected time home (pink form) knowing the location can save time in a search.
- Go in a group,
- Work as a group
- Keep asking about the snow & the weather.
- It might be a quiet question from the back of the group that alerts everyone to a change in the snow/ weather
IF YOU DON’T KNOW, DON’T GO.
Do you want to buy avalanche safety equipment? Visit Marvelox.
Hire a pack online.